View sample pages
The 2020 Coding Guides series represents the ultimate coding reference for your medical specialty. Starting with a comprehensive introduction to CPT® and ICD-10-CM coding, each Coding Guide includes correct coding requirements and documentation guidelines, followed by CPT® codes for your specialty linked to ICD-10-CM codes with backward mapping to ICD-9-CM, plus CCI exclusion codes and third party payer guidelines.
The 2020 Coding Guide series is designed to present the coding, compliance, and regulatory information you need for your specialty in a single, comprehensive resource. Because all of the critical information is presented together in an easy-to-use format, you will be able to code faster. Plus, the Medicare edits and CCI exclusion codes and other information will help you to avoid claim problems and reduce audit liability.
Each 2020 Coding Guide includes:
Sources of the Data
- Comprehensive introduction to CPT®, ICD-9-CM,and HCPCS coding
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM with mapping examples
- National correct coding requirements for your specialty
- Documentation guidelines
- CPT® 2020 codes most commonly reported by your specialty with full descriptions and coding notes
- ICD-10-CM 2020 diagnosis codes most commonly reported to support the listed CPT® code(s)
- HCPCS 2020 supply, materials and injection codes most commonly reported by your specialty
- Current Medicare edits including relative values (RVU), post-op days, coverage restrictions, policies regarding multiple procedures, bilateral procedures, payment for assistant surgeon, and more.
- Current and complete CCI edits with modifier indicators
The CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes listed for each medical specialty are derived from a computer analysis of over 600 million actual charges. The results of the analysis are reviewed and approved for inclusion in the coding guides by our in-house physician and professional coding staffs. The National Correct Coding Policy requirements and CCI editis are from the 2018 edition of Correct Coding Initiative (CCI), Version 24.0, effective for claims filed on or after January 1, 2018. The Medicare edits including relative values, policies and coverage restrictions are derived from the 2016 Physician's Fee Schedule.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association (AMA).
Coding guides are available for the following specialties:
No Risk Guarantee
Copyright ©2018 PMIC. All Rights Reserved.
Practice Management Information Corporation
4727 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 302
Los Angeles, CA 90010