Updated and revised by the AMA, Principles of CPT® Coding is a comprehensive training and education textbook that provides the most in-depth review available of the entire CPT codebook. Chapters cover history and basic coding concepts, evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines and medical specialties, and a detailed discussion of code families and individual codes.
Broad enough to educate the beginning coder, while serving as a useful tool for those with more experience, this book explains the use of the codes and guidelines in a practical, easy-to-read style that addresses everyday coding challenges.
Features and tools in this new edition include:
- New! Appendix - describes how to code from an operative report
- New! Slide presentation facilitator's guide with numerous speaker notes to ensure consistency in training. This instructor-led presentation provides an overview of the use of this textbook as well as background and other information on coding and related issues. Slides in the presentation can easily be adaptable by the facilitator depending on the audience.
- Additional end-of-chapter exercises feature more than 200 questions to test readers' comprehension of the material.
- Expanded and revised chapter sections explain major additions and revisions of codes and guidelines for the surgery, radiology, E/M and medicine sections.
- Instructions on how to code from an operative report guide today's coding professional with practical, "real world" tips to help you through the process.
- Coding tips provide hints on codes assignment, bundling and payer policies.
- Special interactive feature allows you to earn continuing education units by completing the online quizzes based on textbook material.
No Risk Guarantee
Copyright ©2017 PMIC. All Rights Reserved.
Practice Management Information Corporation
4727 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 302
Los Angeles, CA 90010