View sample pages
ICD-9-CM HERITAGE EDITION WITH 3-DIGIT MAPPING TO ICD-10-CM
We're calling the final edition of ICD-9-CM the Heritage Edition. It is very important that you purchase copies of the Heritage Edition for your coding staff. You will continue using ICD-9-CM codes for services provided prior to October 1, 2014...regardless of when the claims are filed. You will need current ICD-9-CM codes for "dual coding" of transitional claims and for review and response to pre-ICD-10 claims inquiries from insurance companies.
The exclusive listing of three-digit ICD-9-CM categories mapped to ICD-10-CM provides a valuable cross-walk.
Which Version Should You Choose?
All print editions of ICD-9-CM include:
- Physicians, Clinics and Other Providers: choose one of the ICD-9-CM Office editions, containing Volumes 1 & 2.
- Hospitals and Payers: choose one of the ICD-9-CM Hospital/Payer editions, containing Volumes 1, 2 & 3.
- Home Health or Hospice Agencies: choose the ICD-9-CM Home Health & Hospice edition, containing Volumes 1, 2 & 3 and special Home Health/Hospice features.
- Chapter specific introductions
- Definitions at the code level of common diagnostic words and phrases
- Coding alerts at the code level for personal history, late effects and other coding situations
- Three-digit ICD-9-CM categories mapped to ICD-10-CM