Ensure your practice is compliant with the updated HIPAA privacy and security regulations that accompany ARRA and the Health Information Technology for Economic Clinical Health Act (HITECH) that started to go into effect February 2010. Stepped up enforcement includes new breach notification laws with monetary penalties if not enforced, stricter accountability for business associates, and use and disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI). HIPAA Plain & Simple eases your administrative burden by explaining the increased importance the federal government is placing on PHI so that you can conduct your own risk assessment and ensure your physician office staff is appropriately trained.
This invaluable resource includes:
- The popular "What to Do" and "How to Do It" section
- Sample business associate agreements
- Graphics and charts; timelines, checklists and forms
- Health IT company profiles and 12-month HIPAA training ideas
- Crisis communication management guidelines
No Risk Guarantee
Copyright ©2017 PMIC. All Rights Reserved.
Practice Management Information Corporation
4727 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 302
Los Angeles, CA 90010