View sample pages
Featuring a comprehensive introduction and tutorial on DRG selection, this comprehensive reference includes all official MS-DRG codes with assigned ICD-9-CM codes based upon CMS Grouper 29.0 effective October 2013. DRG PLUS! is arranged by Major Diagnostic Category (MDC) code.
Each Major Diagnostic Category includes:
DRG PLUS! includes a comprehensive index of ICD-9-CM to MDC/DRG codes to help you find and select the correct DRG quickly and easily. An appendix provides supplemental information to clarify DRG coding issues and improve the DRG selection process. Appendices include:
- Listing of all DRG codes assigned to the Major Diagnostic Category along with the Geometric Mean Length of Stay (GMLOS), Arithmetic Mean Length of Stay (AMLOS) and Relative Weight (RW) for each DRG.
- Listing of all ICD-9-CM procedure and diagnoses codes with full descriptions assigned to each DRG within the Major Diagnostic Category. Color-coding and symbols are used extensively to alert the user to important Medicare edits.
- Detailed descriptions of patient attributes which define each DRG in the Major Diagnostic Category.
- Procedure codes are categorized as operating room procedures or non-operating room procedures. Diagnosis codes are categorized as principal diagnosis, principal or secondary diagnosis, secondary diagnosis, or only secondary diagnosis.
- MS-DRG to Relative Weight Index
- Index of ICD-9-CM code to MDC/DRG
- Index of DRG/MDC to ICD-9-CM codes
- Complications or Comorbidities Exclusion List
- Medicare Prospective Payment System
Selected Percentile Lengths of Stay
- Fiscal Year 2012 MS-LTC-DRGs, Relative Weights, Geometric Average Length of Stay, Short-Stay Outlier Threshold, and IPPS Comparable Threshold